Monday, April 13, 2009

YouTube, I-tube, let's all get on the E-tube!

Yipee, graduation day is here at last! It's been a fun ride with RULA 2.0, learnt some neat and cool stuff along the way. I must add, it certainly took me more than the 15 minutes they said that was needed for each assignement. Some assignments took me hours upon hours to get it right.


Created a YouTube account after many tries with usernames, passwords and verification codes needed to sign up. Anyway, got through that. The harder part was selecting a video to post. Then I remembered several years ago, someone had sent me an audio link to a song sung by a little girl, called "Cuppy cake song" if you haven't heard of it, it is one of the cutest songs sang by a little girl who was as cute. I loved this song the moment I heard it. So I did a search on YouTube and sure enough here it is, the original Cuppy cake video.



If you want more info on Amy click on the http link to get to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Z6pWhM6TA

Before you close the video, from the clips on the bottom, check out the version sung by the Chubby Boy. Second clip from the left, next to Amy. Watch his eyebrows at the end of the song. To see more of him go to YouTube.

Scroll further to the right and see the video of a grown up Amy with the chubby boy.

Aren't little Amy and Chubby boy adorable? The video of the two together was quite touching.

What I like about YouTube is that one can find videos on almost anything under the sun or even beyond. I like the embedding feature where you can simply copy and paste a video onto a blog. I can't really see the negative side of it. Except maybe one can get hooked on the videos and could spend hours going through them. Relating to library use, I can see the videos being used for instructional purposes.

No comments: